Sustainable stormwater management in urban zones
In recent years, urban centers have grown disorderly causing serious problems one of them is the floods. Besides of this, paradoxically there is the lack of vital liquid to meet basic human needs. The Metropolitan Zone of Guadalajara is a clear example of this situation, on the one hand seeks to supply more water and the other side the rainwater is wasted. Here is where science and technology make their contribution through the knowledge and sustainable projects as rainwater harvesting in urban centers. It is not easy to deal with that situation, but today it requires trained specialists who can apply this knowledge to the solution of this complex problem.
- Water overview in the world.
- Functioning of the water in the nature .
- Functioning of the water in the infrastructure.
- Water cycle.
- Watershed and its types.
- Analysis of the variables of the water cycle.
- Underground water management.
- Runoff management.
- Sustainable development concepts (Agenda XXI, y Millennium Goals).
- Water integrated management.
- Urban sustainable water management.
- Hydrological restoration of watershed urbanized.
- Water sensitive urban design.
Rainwater catchment systems design
This course gives the basic knowledge and tools for designing the rainwater catchment systems in a household level.
- Rainwater harvesting in the world.
- Definition of rainwater harvesting.
- Parts of rainwater catchment system.
- Calculation of Rainwater harvested.
- Calculation of water demand.
- Rainwater catchment system design.
- Operation and maintenance of the rainwater catchment system.